We’ve made a lot of changes to the MixBit iOS app in 1.7, which is the biggest update since launch. We focused on improving the upload experience and incorporating your feedback into the app. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Download your project to your phone in one piece
- Choose between Quick, High, or Raw quality to control uploading speed
- New trimming tool built from the ground up that is much easier to use
- Mute individual clips (great for removing wind noise!)
- Select a thumbnail for your video
By far the most requested feature was the ability to download the entire video in one piece. And now you can! Here’s how:
- Before uploading your video, go to My Projects and swipe left on the project you wish to save.
- Click on the download icon, and you’ll have the option to download all of the clips individually, or the entire video stitched together.
- The video or clips will show up in your camera roll on your phone. If it’s a long video, it might take a minute or two.
We also heard a lot of feedback about the uploading process. Uploading video is taxing on a cell phone and we have been working non-stop to make this as fast and robust as possible. We’ve made a lot of improvements in the back-end, but we also gave you a bit of control over the process.
If you go to Settings, you have the option for your videos to record in Quick, High, or Raw quality. Your videos will record in Quick mode by default, but it’s your choice between faster uploading versus higher quality videos.